I am nervous, excited, but so ready to Rock and Roll!!!

Options

Good evening/morning everyone! I have been ready your post and it has answered many nerve wracking questions. However, I have I am not sure what I should do....

I wanted to know if I can email previous colleagues, businesses, schools, churches, etc. that I know and invite them to my Udemy course? Is that a form of soliciting?

Also, I noticed that individuals have a separate YouTube page for their links. Is it recommended to do that, though you are wanting people to come to Udemy and purchase your courses?

Want to make sure I do this correctly and not get shut down or drown on my first attempt with Udemy.

Thanks for your feedbac AND for hitting the LIKE button!!!!👍🏽😎

Lisseth

Comments

• JohnThompson
    Options

Yes - of course you can invite people you know to your course. But - that scope will be very limited.

Which is why you see others having a social media presence. Get yourself up to speed on sales funnels and content marketing.

You need to get in front of your potential students and build a community. Start a blog - Google #1 search engine. YouTube channel - #2 search engine. Publish a e-book on Amazon - #3 search engine.

The biggest mistake I see new instructors making is having the build it and they will come mentality. If you build an on-line community your success will be much greater.

• SharonRamel
    SharonRamel Posts: 1,308 Community Champion rank
    Options

Great idea LondonGlobal - the more traction you can get with potential real students when you launch the better. Well done for being proactive!