I feel bad about my course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel bad about my course

Hi udemy instructors community, I have a question, a few weeks ago I decided to upload my programming course to Udemy, since I uploaded it and sent it for review I have been asked for manual verification and several questions, recently I was told that I had to fill out a
"AFFIDAVIT OF RIGHTS FORM for possible plagiarism of content. I feel bad because I feel that I am in legal danger for copyright even though all the content was made by me, I feel that sometimes I am someone who is overwhelmed by problems even if they are small or I know that I don't have to have a problem. My question is: Is all this kind of checking normal or how can I get more help on what is copyrighted content?

7 Replies

Based on my experience using the same notes or similar format as resources. Uploading videos wherein the programming language is from an institute (third party) and the background sounds can consider as duplicate or copyright content. 

Always rewrite something which is standard (example method taken from the internet , pdf, docx or within video content ) 

That's what I find strange, I don't use any third party content, all the exercises of the course along with the ideas of the classes are totally mine. The applications used in my course are the basic ones like the language, the code editor, the console and sometimes the browser for some classes. The only thing that is not mine is an office template that I use only in one class, do you think that could be the problem?

if  it's not consider writing an email to supported udemy  or   republish ur content wit the same data 

Hi @GetTass ,

Thank you for your answers. May i know how do you check Plagiarism any software you use.

Please answer.

Regards

Sridhar Jena

Hi @Alexia , If you know please mention the softwares.

@SridharJena This may be related to content. I teach soft skills and even though it’s research based, there is a lot of my content that is subjective. My goal is to foster critical thinking. That is the nature of social science and the study of human behavior. Very different from tech, science, computers, coding. That may be the issue with the system picking something up as plagiarism. I would be interested to learn about the software to flag this as well, although it’s never been an issue for me.

We all experience self doubt even when we didn’t intentionally do something ‘wrong.’ It’s a healthy process. I think we make things bigger in our mind when we sit on it without action. Anxiety can cripple but it doesn’t need to….it can propel us to excitement of opportunities. Research points to anxiety and excitement being on the same brain path!

Oh please don't.... It's always a first time for every beautiful thing to get constructed... congratulations on your work rather....reach heights...God bless you 

Dr adv cherry kushwaha
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors