I'm creating a course for the first time and have a questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm creating a course for the first time and have a questions

1. Is it necessary to appear inside the video with your own voice?
2. I noticed that udemy seems to have a lot of English-speaking students, and I originally wanted to use a translated voice to be able to better reach students, and I want more people in the world to be able to understand my course. Would very few people buy the course if it was in Chinese? Please give me guidance!
3. If I have to use my own voice! Can I use Mandarin and then add Chinese with English subtitles to achieve good results?
4. Does udemy have a function in the backend that can translate to different languages?

Thank you for your help!

5 Replies
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Check this below official article for your voice and audio-related queries:

Audio-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Microphone 

For subtitles/captions, check out this official article:

Adding Captions to Your Videos 

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, you have to use your own voice. In the 4th question, are you referring to subtitles?

Yes! Includes audio and subtitles!

I don't think you are obliged to use your own voice, because I have come across many courses of which I suspect that it is some type of computer voice or a spokesperson. This being said, those courses are rarely if ever successful. People like the authenticity of having the teacher explain it to you instead of using a middle-person in between teacher and student. 

Thanks for the program, I've been struggling with this too! But my English is not very good! In order to give students a better experience! That's why I use English voice translation! But udemy doesn't seem to allow this way of teaching! I'm wondering if it would be better to teach in my native language with English and Chinese subtitles?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors