I was charged tax erroneously, how to retrieve?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged tax erroneously, how to retrieve?

Hi

Im a new instructor on Udemy, launched my first course a couple of months ago. A few weeks ago got my first payout, but as I didn’t fill out tax form in a timely manner, I got charged 30% tax (instead of 0% as per treaty between my country and the US).

After I filled out the form and now my tax rate is as it should be - 0%.

Anybody faced this situation? How to retrieve the erroneously charged tax from IRS?

thank you

Tony

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tony AI Champ

Thank you for your post!

I understand your request for a tax refund. Unfortunately, due to the tax form not being submitted in a timely manner, the tax amount has already been transmitted to the US tax authority. As a result, Udemy is unable to process the refund for the charged tax. 

I highly recommend reaching out to a tax advisor. They should be able to help you with the necessary steps and assistance in reclaiming the overpaid tax.

If you have further questions regarding your tax situation, please reach out to our support team

Thank you so much for your understanding and I hope you will find a solution soon.

Have a nice week!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors