Identity Verification Process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification Process

Go to solution

Greetings Everyone,

My name is venkatesh, and im from India, while i was trying to complete Identity Verification Process, the automated version of verification asked for my name , father name and PAN card number, though i submitted the details exactly as in my PAN card, but it failed authontication for some reason, then i had to go with alternate way of Identity Verification Process for which i submited the video request as mentioned in the instruction.

i went through the FAQ of the process, per FAQ it takes 24 hours to get this reviewed, but its been more than 40hrs and i havent heard back from Udemy.  i did had chat with support guys they mentioned the video was 20MB due to which they could not get the video to the verification department, unfortunatley i couldnt find any instruction about size of the video to be submitted,  and luckily the chat support guy mentioned i can share Gdrive or dropbox link.

I have shared the Gdrive link and awaiting verification process. 

has anyone experienced similar situation before submitting their first course, or any idea how long could this take ideally ? .  also per the instruction if i fail to finish the verification by 7th July my account will be deleted does this mean only the instructor account will be deleted or the entore account (student account included) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @Venkatesh111, sorry the verification process is taking a little longer than we'd like. We ask instructors to expect a response time of approximately 2 business days from the time you reached the team, as this may vary depending on the volume of tickets received. You can feel free to bump the ticket by reaching out to policy@udemy.com, but I'm sure the team will get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Concerning the removal of an account based on verification time, our Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer this for you. Be sure to include it in your email and they will gladly help you out.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Venkatesh111, sorry the verification process is taking a little longer than we'd like. We ask instructors to expect a response time of approximately 2 business days from the time you reached the team, as this may vary depending on the volume of tickets received. You can feel free to bump the ticket by reaching out to policy@udemy.com, but I'm sure the team will get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Concerning the removal of an account based on verification time, our Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer this for you. Be sure to include it in your email and they will gladly help you out.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you @Abbie for quick repsonse , i can understand the busy schedules, i will wait for response from the team... Thanks again...

Go to solution

My verification completed, and my first course submitted for review.

Thanks @Abbie for all the help and quick response....

Go to solution

That's great, @Venkatesh111! Thanks for updating us. Let us know how the review process goes. Can't wait to hear your course is published!! 🙂 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue as mentioned by Venkatesh. It seems that your automated review system for India does not work propoerly.

I have finally submitted the video for review and waiting for you guys to revert.

Atul

Go to solution

I am also from India and had the same issue today. Submitted a video through email today and waiting for the verification process to get completed. 

So I believe this a common problem for people submitting courses from India. 

Go to solution

@Abbie What is the contact email of Trust & Safety team? 

is this email? 

verification@udemy.com
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @astroengineer you'll need to reach out to policy@udemy.com. 

Go to solution

@ElianaC  5 days ago I mailed to Verification@ and Policy@ but till now no reply received. WHY? Please help. 

Go to solution

Hi, @Abbie 
I am facing the same issue as mentioned. I already sent an Email + video to policy@udemy.com and verification@udemy.com but did not receive any reply.  Please do something I give 1 month to this course and my account will be deleted on 26 April so please do needful. 

MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @TheRahulMalviya , we are receiving a significantly higher volume of support tickets than normal, and as a result, responses from our team have been delayed. Don't worry you'll hear from them.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Support

Go to solution

ok. thanks. 

Go to solution

It has been 3 days and I still not get verified. On 26th April all my data is deleted? Please help me. PLEASE! 

Go to solution

Hello @MeryMejia  Today is the last day and my account will be deleted Please help me I submitted the video on 19 and for some reason, they required another video I have submitted again on 21 but not it's 25 and my account will be deleted on 26 at 12:53 am. PLEASE HELP ME. chrome_xB3npg1ogr.png 

Go to solution

@MeryMejia  5 days ago I mailed to Verification@ and Policy@ but till now no reply received. WHY? Please help. 

Go to solution

@TheRahulMalviya I also had a same issue last week. But the Trust and Safety team approved my verification video within 3 business days. So don't worry, yours will be through before 26th April

Go to solution

ok, I hope so... thanks... 

Go to solution

I'm in the same boat I have sent an Email and Video to policy@udemy.com and verification@udemy.com, however, have not received a response.

Hopefully, it will go through and my account, as well as course content, will not be deleted on April 25, 2020.

Also in the case that an account gets deleted does Udemy you offer any recovery options for both the course and the account? Or is it recommended to make a personal back-up of the content?

Kind Regards,

Nathan

Go to solution

Hi @nathan_c, I don't know the answer, but if I were you I would make a back-up 🙂

Go to solution

Did it go through @TheRahulMalviya 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors