If you haven't published a course yet, read this....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you haven't published a course yet, read this....

Hello soon-to-be-instructors! 🖐

If you opened up this thread it's most likely because you haven't published a single course yet...and that's ok!

We'd love to help you get started! But before we can do that, we want to know:

What's stopping you from creating your first course? 

Leave your responses below!

7 Replies

Can I create an activity/assignment that requires the student to visit YouTube, and I provide them with the YouTube link? 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Paul1998 I hope you're doing great! You can add links to Youtube videos as supplementary materials using the External Resources option. 

The External Resources feature is meant to direct students to a specific resource on a free website that does not require students to log in, such as a single video on Youtube.

If you have any further questions on what is allowed an what isn't on the platform, feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com and our team will be happy to assist! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hi Chrystie,

Hope you are doing well.

1. Can we add dual audio (Hindi and English) in a single shot video? 

2. I haven't seen any video in Hindi Language as far as photoshop courses are concerned in Udemy Community being a widely spoken language. If you have one, kindle share with me. I Would like to preview it.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shraj, that is a great idea that you have for your course, but unfortunately, Udemy does not have a dual audio feature to switch the course audio to another language as you describe.

However, you can definitely publish the same course in different languages or create your course with closed captions or subtitles. You are free to add as many different subtitles in as many different languages as you want to offer. Please click here to learn more about how to add subtitles and which tools are available at your disposal.

I hope that helps! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

I am trying to enter the Newcomer Challenge but haven't got the email yet.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MelissaPym, glad to hear that you have enrolled in the Newcomer Challenge! Usually, the confirmation email can take up to 24 hours to be received. In the event that your confirmation email hasn't arrived after 24 hours, please let us know by contacting the Instructor Support team. They will continue to assist you directly. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

I want to create a course about a specific engineering design software, named solibri.

I'm from Brazil, so my native language is Portuguese. I also speak English, but not fluently. However, I want to making the course available to the whole world. So my idea is to initially record the course in Portuguese, then transcribe the audio and create an English subtitle and aditional material. In this way, the course would be available for those who speak English too.

However, I want the course information (title and description) to be adjusted automatically depending on the user's language, and that he could find the course through the search tool with the language he is looking for. So, if the user is from Brazil or from another Portuguese language country, the search result will return my course with information in Portuguese.  If the user speaks English, the search result will return my course with information in English. In the description I would make it clear that the course audio is in Portuguese, but with English subtitles, and material (files, guide pdf) in English and Portuguese. Anyway, I would like to know if this or something similar is possible.

If this is not possible, should I launch two different courses with the same content but with the information (title and description) in different languages, one in Portuguese and the other one in English?

What do you recommend?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors