Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re
Researcher
Researcher

Instructor rating

Go to solution

What is the significance of instructor rating?  Is instructor revenue based on that or based on how many students enroll in a course? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @Re 

Happy to help! The primary purpose of student reviews on Udemy is to help prospective students evaluate if a course is a match for their learning goals.  Instructor rating are caculated after the review a student leaves in your course. A course’s ratings can be viewed via the Instructor Dashboard and are posted as the Course Rating. The Course Rating is calculated by considering factors like the recency of the rating and the amount of the course that the student consumed before leaving their rating. Revenue are not based on instructor ratings, revenues are based on the fact that if a student purchased your course in Udemy page or using your coupon code, for more explantation on revenue share please refer to this link.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! I am here for you!

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

As i know positive ratings encourage student engagement and satisfaction. When students find the courses valuable and enjoyable, they are more likely to complete the course, leave positive reviews, and recommend the instructor to others. Most online education platforms use instructor ratings as a factor in determining course visibility in search results and recommendations. Courses with higher ratings are often prioritized, making them more visible to potential students.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @Re 

Happy to help! The primary purpose of student reviews on Udemy is to help prospective students evaluate if a course is a match for their learning goals.  Instructor rating are caculated after the review a student leaves in your course. A course’s ratings can be viewed via the Instructor Dashboard and are posted as the Course Rating. The Course Rating is calculated by considering factors like the recency of the rating and the amount of the course that the student consumed before leaving their rating. Revenue are not based on instructor ratings, revenues are based on the fact that if a student purchased your course in Udemy page or using your coupon code, for more explantation on revenue share please refer to this link.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! I am here for you!

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

Go to solution

As i know positive ratings encourage student engagement and satisfaction. When students find the courses valuable and enjoyable, they are more likely to complete the course, leave positive reviews, and recommend the instructor to others. Most online education platforms use instructor ratings as a factor in determining course visibility in search results and recommendations. Courses with higher ratings are often prioritized, making them more visible to potential students.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors