Is Udemy the right place

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Udemy the right place

Hello all,

I am trying to create a course in the domain of Cognitive Science. The title will be "Interdisciplinary Research in Cognitive Science (Case Study)" and I wanted to ask the community if Udemy is the right place for such a course. 

Also, can I get some guidance on choosing a category for the course category? I could not find the relevant options like Sciences or Psychology or Research etc. in the dropdown so I choose Development for the moment hoping to change it later. 

Thanks! 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you are cool

with earning $4 per enrollment and playing the volume game, Udemy can work. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mhndr, glad to hear you're interested in becoming a Udemy instructor. Our Marketplace Insights tool can help you select the perfect course topic and see how it stacks up against other courses on the platform. There, you can see the number of existing courses for that topic, top-earning courses in the category, monthly revenue earned, and more. 

For your course category, you are welcome to propose topics if you can't find one that is appropriate for your course. You can learn how to do this here.

I linked a few articles that will also help you decide if Udemy is the right place for you:

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, let us know and we'll be happy to answer. 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!