Is all lecture (videos, material) need to go under review?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is all lecture (videos, material) need to go under review?

I have submitted one lecture duration 9:50 min; 

1. Once I get the review then will work to complete my all remaining lecture. So, my question is when I submit the entire lecture then again it will go under review with the same long time or what?
  2. One more question, the payment will be paid after deduction of tax or what? If tax then what is the range?
  3. In general, How often do you create one lecture (with effective production)? 

best regards

Suraj

4 Replies

Hi Suraj,

Do you mean a lecture (single) or entire Course? and either way you uploaded only 9:50 (around 10 minutes) of lectures?

Am I understanding it right?

Regardless, Udemy is reviewing a COURSE in its entirety, NOT separate lectures. I mean that you are not uploading lectures one by one and submitting reviews every time. You upload all the lectures as an entire course and only then submit it for review. However, if you will want to add more lectures AFTER Udemy will review and publish the course, you can do it as well.

As for the payment. Udemy is taking taxes before they will pay you, and the tax rate depends on the country where you live. However, what they tax can be much higher than what you would be taxed in your country. I would suggest you watch this video if you will have a hard time understanding Udemy's tax (This is Unofficial of course).

As for the production. I am pretty sure here you mean the course because the production of the lecture really takes a very small time (comparatively speaking). For me personally it takes around a month to make a course (scripting, recording, editing). For some it takes much less, for some it may take more. In my case, I talk at least a 4-6 hour course.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Nick

@SurajBhagat950  yes each lecture goes through the review process. once you complete the course then submit it for the Quality review process, it will take 7-8 business days for review. once your course will pass the quality test your course will be on air.

However, in my case, when I want to submit my course, I cant, under the arguement that not all my lectures have content. But that is not true, all my lectures have content, video or not. Any one know whats happening?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CemalArican95, in this article, we have instructions on how to submit your course for review and useful information in case you come across any issues.

If you still can't correct the problem, could you please contact our Instructor Support team via this link with details and a screenshot of the error you're receiving so they can take a closer look? They'll be more than happy to help resolve this for you! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors