Is anyone making a living from Udemy. Any tips ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone making a living from Udemy. Any tips ?

Go to solution

Hi

Anyone making a living from Udemy? 

I have one course that is ranked number 1-4 depending on the day and it really hasn't increased my sales drastically. I'm doing alright but definitely not enough to pay rent. (My first course was published 6 months ago and the second a few months after).

I have another short course (the second course) that completely vanished and no one buys it.

Any tips? Any amazing experiences for someone who has created 2-3 courses.

I figure the "formula" = number of courses + quality + time on platform + topic demand.

I'd be happy to hear what you think?

I'm not really planning on quitting my day job, however it would be awesome if I made lots of money to buy more Hummus.

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez We know many instructors have been able to make a living through Udemy. You can read some stories about how do they get to that point :

What was the Turning Point to do Udemy Full Time?

Setting realistic goals - how many of you are full time udemy instructors?

UPDATED: Reflections on 10 Years On Udemy

It's not easy to get to this stage, but everything is possible with hard work, dedication, and patience. I will also recommend checking out this webinar we did with Katie Bent.  There is a lot of valuable information in it on how to optimize your course at every stage.

Hope this helps!

Udemy Community Moderator 

Eliana 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez We know many instructors have been able to make a living through Udemy. You can read some stories about how do they get to that point :

What was the Turning Point to do Udemy Full Time?

Setting realistic goals - how many of you are full time udemy instructors?

UPDATED: Reflections on 10 Years On Udemy

It's not easy to get to this stage, but everything is possible with hard work, dedication, and patience. I will also recommend checking out this webinar we did with Katie Bent.  There is a lot of valuable information in it on how to optimize your course at every stage.

Hope this helps!

Udemy Community Moderator 

Eliana 

Go to solution

thank you, I appreciate the resources and help. I went through the resources and currently I'm watching the webinar that you recommended.

Thanks !

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@RonErez The answer to your question is "yes." And, your formula sounds about right. It takes time and persistence.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors