Is it worth to sell online course on udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth to sell online course on udemy?

Go to solution

Which is better online course selling on own platform or udemy platform.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@R_Parmar The answer is definitely yes, on Udemy. Of course your course won't sell anywhere if it is not a high quality course on a desired subject. Many of us also have our own platform where our courses are available. However, Udemy is a marketing machine that brings customers to your course. Marketing from you own site is extremely difficult and most of us have found that it produces very little in the way of revenue. 

I suggest you focus on creating high quality courses and leave the marketing to Udemy, unless you think you are very good at marketing (unlikely!)

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hello @R_Parmar,
I hope you are doing well.

Both selling courses on your own platform and on Udemy have their advantages and considerations. It ultimately depends on your goals and circumstances.

Selling on your own platform gives you more control over branding, pricing, and student data. You have the freedom to design your course website as you like and retain a larger portion of the revenue.

However, it also requires more marketing efforts to drive traffic to your site.

Udemy, on the other hand, provides a built-in audience and a platform with a vast user base, potentially leading to higher enrollment. They handle payment processing, and customer support, and even offer marketing opportunities.

However, you'll share revenue with Udemy and adhere to their pricing structure.

Consider factors like your marketing capabilities, target audience, and how much control you want over your course. Some instructors even choose to do both – offering lessons on their own site while also leveraging Udemy's reach.

It's about finding the balance that aligns with your objectives.

Regards,
Sam,
On behalf of the team AITCD,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@R_Parmar The answer is definitely yes, on Udemy. Of course your course won't sell anywhere if it is not a high quality course on a desired subject. Many of us also have our own platform where our courses are available. However, Udemy is a marketing machine that brings customers to your course. Marketing from you own site is extremely difficult and most of us have found that it produces very little in the way of revenue. 

I suggest you focus on creating high quality courses and leave the marketing to Udemy, unless you think you are very good at marketing (unlikely!)

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Selling becomes harder and harder due to market saturation and economic downturn.

Go to solution

Exactly last year I was earning 250$ per month this year I can hardly make 200$.

Go to solution

Hello @R_Parmar,
I hope you are doing well.

Both selling courses on your own platform and on Udemy have their advantages and considerations. It ultimately depends on your goals and circumstances.

Selling on your own platform gives you more control over branding, pricing, and student data. You have the freedom to design your course website as you like and retain a larger portion of the revenue.

However, it also requires more marketing efforts to drive traffic to your site.

Udemy, on the other hand, provides a built-in audience and a platform with a vast user base, potentially leading to higher enrollment. They handle payment processing, and customer support, and even offer marketing opportunities.

However, you'll share revenue with Udemy and adhere to their pricing structure.

Consider factors like your marketing capabilities, target audience, and how much control you want over your course. Some instructors even choose to do both – offering lessons on their own site while also leveraging Udemy's reach.

It's about finding the balance that aligns with your objectives.

Regards,
Sam,
On behalf of the team AITCD,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors