Is my equipment and video style good enough to create a course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my equipment and video style good enough to create a course?

Hello all! I've enrolled myself into the Udemy Newcomer 45 day challenge and am going to be watching the free video tutorials! I'm hoping that the equipment and my video style is good enough. I will be using: Cyberlink PowerDirector 16, CyberLink Screen Recorder 16, Blue Snowball Ice microphone (no filter), and Corsair HS60 headphones. I do not plan on showing my face on camera. I will just be screencasting and using my voice to instruct my students on how to find work from home jobs, careers and how to spot scams. Is it a requirement that I be on camera?

I've purchased so many USB headsets over the years and ALL of them have broken somehow! Even my $300 Beats headset that I won last year broke! The right side of the headsets or both sides would break! And the audio quality is very poor in all of them. I'm hoping that using my headphones to listen to mysel and the Snowball microphone to record my voice works together!

3 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Sim3, there is no requirement to be on camera but personally, I think it's way more engaging if you are. I can see that it wouldn't be necessary for certain type of courses, such as when screen capture is being shown, but in your case, your topic sounds like it would benefit from having a human presence. If you do not plan on having your face, have you thought about how you will keep your audience engaged? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

I will be sharing my personal experiences of being scammed and I MAY joke around, add GIFs. My course is a topic that should keep the audience engaged merly by wanting to know legitimate companies that are hiring them to work from home. Some people decide to get married for a 5th time even when their partner shows characteristics of the last 4 spouses, LOL. I'm not sure of another way to keep someone entertained on this topic.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Best of luck! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors