Is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of my published courses so that I can share with others?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of my published courses so that I can share with others?

Hi Fellow Udemy family,

This seems like a dumb question but is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of your own published courses to share with others?

For example, if I wanted to email someone a link to my course, how do I do this? I can't seem to find a url-link to my course anywhere. 

regards,

Kevin

6 Replies

Hi Kevin,

You will want to send a link that includes a coupon code, so that if they enroll, you get 97% of the revenue.

Here is an article on How to Create and Manage Coupons.

If you provide a coupon to make your course go from $199 to $50, do students ever get upset because the course naturally sells for $10 - $15 due to Udemy's control of course prices? 

I don't see why someone would use a $50 coupon if most courses on Udemy are only $10-15? Thanks for the clarification! This is so helpful!

-KP

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes. If you go to your course landing page, and hit "preview" in the upper left hand corner, you will get a URL that looks like this:https://www.udemy.com/lean-leadership-lean-culture-change-management/?instructorPreviewMode=guest 

Now delete everything from the ? on and you will have the basic course URL.

I hope that helps.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks you that's perfect! - KP

I've been wondering how to do this also. My course got published today ,and I want to know how to create a link i can share  to say Facebook, and my website .  Can we just created a url for that ? Or do you need to create coupons and referral  links ..... thank you 

You should share a coupon link, or at least the course's referral link.

Sharing the "normal" direct link to a course is not very smart.

Take a look at the article I referred to in my previous response (a couple of years ago).

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!