Is there a way to ratify Quality Review Team associate to upper management?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to ratify Quality Review Team associate to upper management?

Hello All, 

I hesitate and regret to try to go above anyone's head.  But it seems that I can't get help from the single associate that appears to be in charge of the quality review of my course.  I'm honestly really trying to discover exactly what's wrong with my video's audio, and more specifically in which video/s, and at what time stamp...  ...because here's the thing:  I submitted the course, and the first time, they said this:

"We don’t have any recommended improvements at this time. Nicely done." ...

And the only reason that I changed 3 of the 14 videos is because I related to the Trust And Safety Team in the verification process that 3 videos had some text-to-speech software; and not even all of the video thereof... ...only small portions thereof...

So then that associate said that they don't allow text-to-speech software, and I'd have to change those videos with my own voice... ...Well, I did.  But then, the Quality Review Team associate said that there was "background noise" in "video" but didn't specify which video or videos plural... and at what time frame in the video/s.  So I wrote back asking: "Which video/s?"  and "What time stamp?"...

This is important because most of those 3 videos I didn't change whatsoever.  Only the portions that had text-to-speech, and inserted my own voice-over at those portions...  In 2 of those videos, I used the exact same mic and recording practices that I did throughout my course, and they had no problems with the audio the first time.  Now, on the 3rd video, I did change my mic... ...but it was definitely an upgraded microphone, far better than the cheap mic I was using before.  But I asked several people to listen, and try to hear if anything was wrong with any of the audio...  nobody can find any problems with the audio... ...and nobody wants to try to find out if anything is wrong with my audio more than myself...

So I asked, and didn't receive a response from the associate until AFTER I resubmitted the course, with fresh audio of those 3 videos, at the same portions that I recorded before...

Then he/she said: "You might pay particular attention to the video "Perfume Making, Diffusers, & Social Scent Domination" or "Perfume Making, Diffusers, & Social Scent Domination" as it sounds really buzzing.

Well, if you read that again, first of all, I don't have any videos named: "Perfume Making, Diffusers, & Social Scent Domination"...  ...That's the name of my course, but no videos/lectures named that... ...and read that again... he/she wrote that twice... ...as if there's 2 videos named the same thing...

The following is a screen shot thereof:

Screenshot (39).png

Now, maybe it's all a mistake, and he/she just copied and pasted the title twice by accident, thinking it was the name of the videos.  I don't want to speculate anything...  Or insinuate anything.

I'm just frustrated, and really just want to bring the whole course to another venue because of this.  It's a shame because I really wanted to give Udemy a try.

Thank all!

1 Reply

Hard to say what is going on with the video unless we hear it. Would you mind uploading a clip of the probable video in question, or maybe the entire video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!