Is this video good enough to use as a promo video for my course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this video good enough to use as a promo video for my course?

Hello Experts,

I am working on my first course on Udemy and prepared this small video to be used as a promo. 

Just wanted to understand if this video looks good enough to engage potential students and turn them into actual students. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anshuman.

2 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Anshuman,

I'll make a few suggestions. First you present well in that you convey confidence and enthusiam about your course and subject. That is important. 

An issue that you and many instructors from India have to consider is clarity of language. You have to decide if your desired students are just from India or more broadly from the rest of the English speaking world. There were several words that I could not understand, and which I think were important. I suggest you use visuals to clarify key points. You are centered on the screen, I suggest you either move to the right or left, about a third of the screen, and use the other side for graphics or titles. The other way to do this is to use "lower thirds" as you see in a TV News program. 

I assume you shot the video in front of a green screen or just a white background. I suggest you use an editing software that allows you to insert a photo for background that makes it look more professional. 

Here are two images from one of my courses to illustrate what I mean. Of course, others will have other suggestions, and there is no one right way to do these.

CSS Image 1.JPGCSS Image 2.JPG

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for the inputs Lawrence.

I'll definitely work on my pronunciation. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors