Is this way of creating a course good?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this way of creating a course good?

Go to solution

Hi there,

I am creating my first course in Udemy. It is an I&T course where I am teaching how to use a business intelligence tool. I have spent more that one and half month creating pdf files as "training material" with explanations, screenshots, tips, notes, useful links, workaround to many actions, etc. and now I am ready to start recording videos based on that training files.

My idea is to upload a video and provide the training material as resource file where the students can have access to them as a manual but now I am wondering myself if this is good... why? The huge amount of time spent... I have been working 3 or 4 hours per day, all weekends to create something! and now I have to create videos, edit them, add captions... I do not know. I think it is too much.

Of couse, I am very exciting with this opportunity and I do not want to give up but... for future courses, what do you think? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Javier , Creating a good course takes a lot of time. Some successful instructors here will tell you it takes several months. I spent 6 months on my first course, which ended up being 11 hours long. So keep up the good work, you're on the right track! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Javier , Creating a good course takes a lot of time. Some successful instructors here will tell you it takes several months. I spent 6 months on my first course, which ended up being 11 hours long. So keep up the good work, you're on the right track! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

Thanks @GregReverdiau, if great instructors like you took that time to create a course, I am in the right way.

Thanks for your answer.

Javier

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!