Just In Case You Think Top Instructors All Have An Amazing Studio!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Just In Case You Think Top Instructors All Have An Amazing Studio!

I thought I would share my tiny space I record everything in, it is also the farm office and the spare bedroom! We moved to the farm - I have a lot more land however a lot less space inside to craft and create! However I don't let it daunt me. I have been on Udemy nearly five years, have 13 courses and over 32,000 students and lots of amazing reveiws.  Two courses have already been produced here and a third is on the way due this May!

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 5.23.26 pm-min.png

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
6 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion

Ha, me too! No fancy studio here either - I just clutter up my little office with recording gear when it's time to do talking head segments.

Picture1.jpg

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Love it Frank! Size doesn’t matter, quality rocks!

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Is that Thomas the Train? Curious if that's intentional or a gift from your family (or both!)

FrankKane
Community Champion

Yes! It's a long story - but basically it's a joke birthday card. I use it, taped to a lighting stand, as a stand-in for myself while focusing the camera. The text and images on it are useful for dialing in the focus just right.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion

I do tape something to a lift stand as well to set my focus. Not as cool as a Thomas the train card though 🙂 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
LindsayMarsh
Community Champion

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 12.26.10 PM.png

This could end up being a very good thread, thank you for sharing @SharonRamel  . Showing people, it does not take much to be a successful teacher. Here is my simple desk and ATR 2100 microphone, nothing fancy. I do not do talked heads, so my setup is even more simple. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors