Legal question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal question

I wanna make videos on allen bradley plcs. And maybe a future video on fanuc robots. Is this some thing i need permission on? I wanna make videos to help others learn and troubleshoot but don't wanna get sued in the process. 

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't think anyone here is qualified to give you legal advice. But I'll share what little I know on the subject.

Generally speaking, using someone else's trademark in your course title isn't OK without permission. Some companies have their own training businesses or license out the rights to do training on their products, and don't take kindly to people developing their own courses without a license. Sometimes that just ends with Udemy receiving a demand to take down your course, but worse outcomes are possible.

Some companies publish usage guidelines for their trademarks, but I couldn't find any for the two companies you listed. The safest course of action would be to write to them seeking written permission to do what you want, and to consult with a lawyer who can better inform you about the risks you're taking by doing this.

Thank you for taking the time to look for me.

I am also interested in this.  Did you find out anything useful in regards to this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors