Lesson Prerquisite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesson Prerquisite

Is it possible to impose conditions, for access to a specific lesson, such as:

(i) Lesson X must be completed before going to Lesson Y;

(ii) Assignment  A must be submitted before accessing lesson X;  etc.?

I searched the community posts, but could not find anything on this. If already a post exists, can you point the link. Otherwise, I shall be thankful for information on whether Udemy Course Creation Tools provide for such features. Thanks.

6 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bala2020 Currently, this option is unavailable since courses are on-demand, students can take the course at their convenience time. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

You have not understood my question. It is not about the time at which students can take a course - of course they can choose their own convenient time. I am talking about completing a particular previous lesson, in order to understand the present lesson. Knowledge in lessons (or lectures, as you call them) is very often sequential in Business subjects, especially if they are built on the basis of a case study with different parts, which progressively add knowledge. If someone tries to go through a later part, without having gone through a previous part, he or she will not be able to figure out what is going on.

And what I am asking is - a very basic feature of all LMS!
S. Balachandran

Hey @bala2020 , students have the ability to mark and unmark lectures as complete. If there is any particular lecture they would need to skip to, they can follow the steps here in this support article.

Students can always go back to a previous lecture. However, in order for them to complete a course, all lectures must be completed.

I hope I was able to understand your question!

Lamentável! Uma pergunta bem elaborada, também passo por isso! E uma resposta vaga! Ou não entenderam, ou não sabem responder! Estou vendo que é um suporte bem básico que essa plataforma oferece.

Lamentável! Uma pergunta bem elaborada, também passo por isso! E uma resposta vaga! Ou não entendream, ou não sabem responder! Estou vendo que é um suporte bem básico que essa plataforma oferece.

mathematics coding they need

@bala2020 wrote:

Is it possible to impose conditions, for access to a specific lesson, such as:

(i) Lesson X must be completed before going to Lesson Y;

(ii) Assignment  A must be submitted before accessing lesson X;  etc.?

I searched the community posts, but could not find anything on this. If already a post exists, can you point the link. Otherwise, I shall be thankful for information on whether Udemy Course Creation Tools provide for such features. Thanks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors