Location of Captions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Captions

Go to solution

Hello, 

I'm in the process of editing my course.  I have lower thirds and text throughout my lectures.  I want to create captions through Udemy that's why I'm making sure my lower thirds are high enough so that the captions go under it.  My questions are: 

1- How high should my lower thirds be to make sure they are clear once I launch and not cluttered by popping text within my course?

2- Is it better to generate the captions through Udemy, or should I generate them in Adobe Premiere?  Like if I generate them with Adobe Premiere, would the Udemy algorithm pick up that this course has captions?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Ensure your lower thirds are placed in the upper part of the bottom third of your video frame. This positioning will typically keep them clear from captions, which are displayed at the very bottom. While Adobe Premiere allows precise control over captions, generating them through Udemy ensures platform compatibility. Udemy's system should recognize imported captions from Premiere, but creating them directly on Udemy might simplify the process and avoid potential issues.    MyKFCExperience

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Ensure your lower thirds are placed in the upper part of the bottom third of your video frame. This positioning will typically keep them clear from captions, which are displayed at the very bottom. While Adobe Premiere allows precise control over captions, generating them through Udemy ensures platform compatibility. Udemy's system should recognize imported captions from Premiere, but creating them directly on Udemy might simplify the process and avoid potential issues.    MyKFCExperience

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors