Low payment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low payment

Could you please clarify how this payment was calculated? I received a payment of $1.66, but based on the Udemy promotion that prices all courses at $12, I was expecting to receive $5, which is 37% of the promotional price. I understand that this is a small amount, but it is still important to understand why there is a discrepancy. 

AhmadElhajjar_0-1678133963839.pngAhmadElhajjar_1-1678133993431.png

4 Replies

The price of $12 is only if students from particular countries purchase the course. For example, if someone from the US purchases the course, they would pay $12. If someone from say India purchases the course, they might pay something like $4. It's all based on exchange rates and whatever pricing arrangements Udemy has with other countries.

Click on the "View Details" link for the payment and Udemy will show a complete breakdown of the fees and your net revenue.

It's not always a straight expected % of the gross revenue, because affiliates and marketing partners take a piece of the revenue too. If Udemy uses iTunes, for example, iTunes takes a 30% cut of the gross revenue.

This is the breakdown. It seems the rate of transaction between the currencies is not correct right?

AhmadElhajjar_0-1678139165710.png

Your course sold for ₹449, Udemy's localized price for India for your course, so that is why your share is $1.66. As @RandyMinder said, Udemy prices courses differently country-to-country. Udemy has several support articles that discuss this.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors