Marketing for peopoe with no following lol

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing for peopoe with no following lol

Okay, I am creating a course that I think does have a good niche, was planning to FB ad market it because no one on my social media is most likely going to buy it. Yes, I will talk about it on instagram and such too but if you do not have "organic" reach, what is the best way to get your course out there. I see a million FB ads for various classes and they get a lot of hits and comments, so why are FB  ads frowned upon? Just asking. 

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most instructors here aren’t marketers, so what they do is try to run ads to cold, social media traffic. They then can’t figure out why the ads don’t work.

What you need to do when using Facebook ads is leverage remarketing / retargeting campaigns. Simply running an ad on Facebook begging some stranger to buy from you isn’t going to work - and even if it does, your profits won’t be high enough to offset ad costs.

Instead, drive traffic to your own website via the bonus lecture. If you install your Facebook pixel on your site properly, you can build a Facebook audience of people who have visited your site from your Udemy course. These people are buyers who already trust you.

As your audience grows, you can retarget them with Facebook ads. Since they are already familiar with you, they are more likely to buy.

You can also run cold Facebook ads simply to drive traffic to your site (maybe to read a free article). These people will also be added to your Facebook audience.

To be successful with Facebook ads, you need to take a multi-layered approach.

Hmmm, my lecture is basically a business dev class for starting your own massage business, I am a massage therapist who owns my own business. My clients aren't going to really be interested in starting their own business. Should I start a separate site? I have plans for maybe one more class so I am not doing a ton of classes like some people. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you could do is post an article on your current site about owning a massage business and drive your Udemy students to it. Just make sure your Facebook pixel is installed on the site.

although not necessary, you could setup a separate site instead.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors