Marketing of new course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing of new course

Go to solution

I am new course creator here. I want to promote my course and I want to know how to get first 100 students.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Good for you for getting your course out there! I can't say if what worked for me will work for you, but here are my top tips:

1. Pay careful attention to your landing page. The title needs to both contain the keywords and suggest the benefit of doing your course.

2. Your promo video is very important.  Describe benefits over features and connect on both an emotional and intellectual level.

3. Tell students why your course is different to other courses.

4. Ask for reviews. Obviously don't ask for 5 star reviews!

5. If you have a YouTube channel, post a sample video.

There are some things NOT to do.

1. Don't post free coupons all over Facebook. Very bad idea as these students don't take the course and sometimes free students leave bad reviews.

2. Most instructors concurr Facebook advertising doesn't work.

3. Don't get friends and family to leave reviews. They will be filtered out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @DibakarKarmakar, welcome to the community! We provide instructors with extensive articles, resources, and features at Udemy to help you effectively market your course(s). To learn more, please click here.

Hope it helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Good for you for getting your course out there! I can't say if what worked for me will work for you, but here are my top tips:

1. Pay careful attention to your landing page. The title needs to both contain the keywords and suggest the benefit of doing your course.

2. Your promo video is very important.  Describe benefits over features and connect on both an emotional and intellectual level.

3. Tell students why your course is different to other courses.

4. Ask for reviews. Obviously don't ask for 5 star reviews!

5. If you have a YouTube channel, post a sample video.

There are some things NOT to do.

1. Don't post free coupons all over Facebook. Very bad idea as these students don't take the course and sometimes free students leave bad reviews.

2. Most instructors concurr Facebook advertising doesn't work.

3. Don't get friends and family to leave reviews. They will be filtered out.

Go to solution

How long should a promotional video be?

Go to solution

Hello Every one -  Happy New Year

I have just launched my second course, "Part 2 Learning Tabla.

Could anyone kindly give me some tips on marketing strategies?

Best to all

Mendi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors