Marketing on Social Media

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing on Social Media

Go to solution

Hello fellow instructors. I am new to this format and I don't see anything in the FAQs about how to market your courses on social media. I also noticed that when I tried to open my own course, it goes right into the course as if I have paid for it. Is that because it is me or was it not loaded properly? I don't have a huge social media following but I would like to have something handy to share. This is how I realized my course came up this way. I was going to send the link to the course with the introduction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @transformpsych, I'm happy to provide some information about this! In regards to marketing your course on social media, you can do this by sharing coupons and referral links. These allow instructors to promote their Udemy courses to students on and off the platform. This article explains course referral links and the different types of coupons instructors can create for their courses.

• Learn how to create Coupons here.
  • Get detailed guidelines on what instructors can and cannot do with coupons and course referral links by clicking here.

About the problem you're having when clicking on your referral link, this is probably happening because you are logged into your instructor account. To be able to see your course landing page you need to access it as a student or from an incognito window. In case you have any further issues with this, feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be glad to assist.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @transformpsych, I'm happy to provide some information about this! In regards to marketing your course on social media, you can do this by sharing coupons and referral links. These allow instructors to promote their Udemy courses to students on and off the platform. This article explains course referral links and the different types of coupons instructors can create for their courses.

• Learn how to create Coupons here.
  • Get detailed guidelines on what instructors can and cannot do with coupons and course referral links by clicking here.

About the problem you're having when clicking on your referral link, this is probably happening because you are logged into your instructor account. To be able to see your course landing page you need to access it as a student or from an incognito window. In case you have any further issues with this, feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be glad to assist.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Can some one felp me to promote my first course and improve it.

I need a roadmap and tips to increase audience

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Dr. Badr El Khalyly, I'm happy to help!

Have you tried boosting sales by promoting your course outside of Udemy and offering paid coupons? On this page, you can read all about how to make the most of your coupons and referral links.

We also offer strategies to instructors on how to promote their courses here, and you can always get advice from fellow instructors in the community. Some of them have shared their experiences in this compilation of the best posts about marketing.

We're here to help if you have any other questions! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

@transformpsych Earlier this summer Udemy did an Ask Me Anything webinar with our Global Head of Social Media, you might find some helpful tips in this webinar replay. Enjoy.

Go to solution

same here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!