Media Training

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Training

Hi All,

I am a qualified media professional who is also a qualified educator. I want to create a comprehensive media training course on Udemy (my first) but I am not sure about how to start this process. Another issue is that I am camera shy, which is ironic because I am a scriptwriter and producer in film and television. Being camera shy is one of the reasons I have been hesitant to start a course because it means that I would need to appear as the instructor in the video. If I don't come across as confident in my training videos, I will not be doing justice to my course, or to the students who invest in it. How do I overcome this fear of being on camera?

I have media experience across the sector (PR, brand development, brand management, copywriter, content editor, proof reader, scriptwriter, producer, director) which I gained over almost fifteen years and I also have over decade of experience as an educator / tutor / coach / mentor.

Any advice and/or help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JessS Welcome to the community! Yeah, it's kind of intimidating being in front of a camera if you are not used to it, but I've found a few tips from other instructors here https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Get-Comfortable-In-Front-Of-The-Camera/m-p... 

Also, I'll like to share some useful tips for new course creators here’s a great roundup of free & paid resources and a compilation of top posts on creating your course.

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

TY so much for the helpful advice Eliana. Much appreciated. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors