Messages not sent to students?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages not sent to students?

Hi - I have about 100 students, and I put a message on my course. Does that mean the message was sent to all the students who have signed up? When I look in my messages, I don't see the group message I tried to send, just the 1 individual message I sent.

Also, my intro message (that came automated when I first created the course) didn't send apparently, according to some posts I read, but I'm not sure how to send it?

And finally (sorry for the beginner questions), when I create a message to all students (I think I have 4 per month allowed by Udemy), does that mean it then shows up in their Udemy message box, and from me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Kelly

Kelly
2 Replies

Hi @Kelly_Fidei 

Glad to clarify here. The welcome message is sent to new students after setting it up but not to students that have enrolled prior to setting it up

The messages are sent automatically and you don't need to manually do anything.

The announcements you send will be seen on the course itself when the students are taking it and they will also receive an email as long as they haven't opted out from receiving emails.

I hope this helps

If the "all students" message is sent, both the welcome message, and the one I created a few days ago, then why don't I see a record of that in my messages area of the instructor side of the app?

Thanks!

Kelly
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors