Million Dollar Contractor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Million Dollar Contractor

Is there any way to know if a topic will work? I have done a trade for 23 years and in my industry, there is a shortage of new incoming men and women. This does not seem to be a topic or category really discussed on Udemy so far. Does that mean there is no interest? Or just that most people in the trades don't use the computer lol.

I really want to transition to teaching. I have been so fortunate and I have learned so much I want to share it. I plan to make a free video first and then a series of videos on the topic. I just really would like to know if this is a platform that will get what I have to say out there effectively?

I understand there is no hard and fast rule on these things, but a few opinions would be nice or maybe tools that Udemy offers that may help with data.

Thanks for your time!

Carl

3 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't understand what your topic is or would be. Can you clarify?

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks for the response. What I am trying to teach is how to be a successful contractor. In my field, I had great success, learning from many mistakes. What my goal would be is teaching students how to be successful as an independent contractor. I meet many other contractors along the way who were great and their trade but were never busy.

My goal is to teach all the traits and skills necessary to not only make money but be financially secure year in and year out without working for anyone specific store or contractor. There are so many hats that an independent has to wear besides the actual trade itself. I really want to provide an all-around experience including industry secrets and customer acquisition.

Thanks,

Carl

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

To me, that sounds like a good topic. You may have to do your own marketing because it is probably not a topic that too many people are looking for on Udemy. But, it is a topic that could grow.

Good luck, 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors