Must I put contents for all the topics in the curriculum before publishing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must I put contents for all the topics in the curriculum before publishing

I was looking to know if I have to fill out all the topics and sections with content before I can publish my course

2 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @DaviesNzan 

Not necessary. Just ensure you submit your course for approval by fulfilling the basic requirements like the minimum duration of the course, minimum content, learning objectives, course description, course image of the specified size etc..

You can always edit the course title, it's subtitle, course description, learning objectives; even add and/or edit content of lectures after your course goes live.

Hope this helps!

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. What you publish should at least cover what you say it will in the course description and title. Publishing an incomplete course will leave students feeling like they didn't get what they paid for, and will only lead to poor reviews, refunds, and poor sales.

Also keep in mind what competing courses are covering in the same topic. If you don't have content that is competitive with established courses, students will have no reason to choose your course instead.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors