Must I show my face in test videos and other lectures?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must I show my face in test videos and other lectures?

Go to solution

Dear all, 

This is my first time creating a lecture, and I have a question. In general, I will be doing a screenshot version of the course since I am teaching AI. However, when I read the other courses I find people using mostly cameras to show their faces. Therefore, I wonder whether this has to be the case. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

No, you do not have to show yourself on camera. However, many instructors have found that being on camera increases student engagement and satisfaction. Seeing the instructor builds a connection and trust to a degree. For my courses, I'm on camera for the introduction to each section.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

No, you do not have to show yourself on camera. However, many instructors have found that being on camera increases student engagement and satisfaction. Seeing the instructor builds a connection and trust to a degree. For my courses, I'm on camera for the introduction to each section.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors