My first course no sales

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first course no sales

Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm very new to udemy, I was a published a course first in this month and within the first 4 days I was got 3300+ free enroll, then I made my course paid and after that last 5 days, I have got only 2 sales. Now I'm confused, is it normal for a new course creator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Mohimanul 

It's pretty much normal. When you offer a free course, you will get loads of enrollments, that's for sure. When you change your course from a free one to a paid one, or when you launch a paid course afresh, you will get very few enrollments. 

That's where you start! You got free students, I.e. you got some initial traction to start with. Many of them will not even start your course! Many will start but will never complete your course, and a very few of them will start the course and complete it. And it's normal! Engage with them. Develop a good teacher-student relationship with them. Improvise your course based on  their feedback and reviews. Take these students, and your free course as learning platform. Market your future courses to them.

As happens with all businesses, go slow, improve the quality,  and you will receive results - it's a long game!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Mohimanul 

It's pretty much normal. When you offer a free course, you will get loads of enrollments, that's for sure. When you change your course from a free one to a paid one, or when you launch a paid course afresh, you will get very few enrollments. 

That's where you start! You got free students, I.e. you got some initial traction to start with. Many of them will not even start your course! Many will start but will never complete your course, and a very few of them will start the course and complete it. And it's normal! Engage with them. Develop a good teacher-student relationship with them. Improvise your course based on  their feedback and reviews. Take these students, and your free course as learning platform. Market your future courses to them.

As happens with all businesses, go slow, improve the quality,  and you will receive results - it's a long game!

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your inspiration & suggestion 

Go to solution

You have 3 reviews and a course rating of 4.7. That's thanks to your free students and will help you in making sales.

So be thankful, act on their feedback, improve the course, and you'll hopefully get more sales over time.

Go to solution

Thank you

Go to solution

This is normal. Your courses start free and this is better to attract more trainees and then make them paid later. You are great, so I continue and gather you larger audiences.

Go to solution

Hi Mohimanual, How is your course doing now? Any improvement in enrollments? I have launched a new course and not seeing sales. What has been your learning here till now.?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors