My lecture is not include with text to speech software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My lecture is not include with text to speech software

Hi 

I submitted my lecture but rejected 2 times.

the reason is below.

Text to speech software is not allowed on Udemy. We've found that students do not like computerized voice overs. You will need to add your actual voice to your lectures before we can move forward.

My lecture voice is recorded from not text to speech software but voice actor.

that is real human voice.

4 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IKC318

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear our review team rejected your course. Unfortunately, we can't provide account-level support here in the community. That being said, please reach out to our policy team at policy@udemy.com

I hope you will be able to publish your course soon!

Please let us know if you have additional questions about your instructor journey. 

In short: Udemy mistakenly identified your lecture's voiceover as computer-generated. You should reach out to Udemy's support, clarifying that the voice in your lecture is from a real voice actor and not from text-to-speech software. Provide any necessary evidence or details to help resolve the misunderstanding.     MyTHDHR

I don't understand why this company doesn't revise this policy. I use Eleven Labs or Natural Reader, they have AI voices that sound natural. I've noticed people love these on YouTube.

I to have just come across this, however this policy has been in place since at least 2019 as can been seen from previous topics, and TTS has significantly improved since then. My reason for using TTS is different, as a dyslexic I am unable to read a script to camera (which is needed to make a good course). I have used TTS for years without any problems, it feels a little unfair that my disability is not been treated as other disabilities. A simple tag on the course saying contains TTS would solve this, then people can make their own decision to buy the course. Lets not forget, TTS is used everywhere now, Google speaker, Siri, Alexa. Almost every phone system, ads throughout the internet, YouTube, Tik Tok, cars.... the list is endless. Surly it comes down to the individual if they don't want to listen to a course in TTS.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors