New Product Feature: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Product Feature: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

At Udemy, we’ve been working on providing more tools to enhance instructor account security, and are happy to let you know that multi-factor authentication (MFA) will be rolling out over the next few weeks. Many instructors have asked us for this second layer of protection and we’re excited to provide this additional security feature.

For instructors who have published courses or have a stored payout method, you will receive an email in the next few weeks letting you know when MFA will be enabled for your account. Once it's enabled, you will be logged out and have to login again using your password and verification code that will be emailed to you. 

In preparation for this security update, please double check that your Udemy account email is correct and active. Refer to this article for more information on how to change your email address if necessary.

4 Replies

@Bella Good enhancement to the security of user authentication. It is very much needed.

JasonDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This is a great feature for security, and one we have been asking about for a long time. Thank you, Udemy!

For the other instructors out there with helpers, remember, once you enable MFA, it becomes a lot harder for your team to access your account so you need to plan for that.

For example, my team (10 folks) all share a "instructor" account on Udemy to answer our student questions. We had to set that instructor account to our "support@" email so that they could all access the MFA codes when they need to login.

Just think ahead for these type of workarounds in your own teams.

Thanks!
Jason Dion

PS. My account is the primary instructor on my courses, and it is only used by me. It is the one where revenue is shown and paid out. 

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions

hi,
its a while i got the email regarding 2FA.
I do not see any settings related to 2FA, when are we supposed to get the update about 2FA

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bibhatsu, if you're experiencing issues setting up MFA, please contact our Instructor Support team here, they are best equipped to assist with this. 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors