cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Udemy rules for taxes for Non-US instructors

Go to solution

Hi everyone, 

can someone give me a hand?

I'm a new instructor on Udemy. I will upload my first course soon. However, there are some new Udemy tax report rules which confuse me.

First of all, I'm from Bulgaria, an EU Member State. 

Can someone clarify for me what I have to do when it comes to submitting tax forms required by Udemy?

I am an individual instructor. I have no company or any business identification number and so on.

I don't know whether I need to pay any taxes in my country because I'm not sure whether I will earn anything as an income from Udemy. In that regard what tax form I have to submit and what information to fill in.

There are taxforms.udemy.com where you need to fill in your details, they require the so-Foreign TIN but I don't have such one.

So from that perspective, it is confusing what exactly we need to do as non-US residents.

Thanks for your help

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Ventsi. No one can tell you this because tax laws are (1) specific for each country and (2) depend on tax treaties between Bulgaria and US. Udemy won't tell you because if they provide advice for each country, then it's a huge amount of work for them, and they obviously do not want to be liable if someone does their taxes wrong and blames it on Udemy's advice.

I recommend finding a good tax expert in Bulgaria and pay them to tell you what to do. I know it's annoying to have to pay for tax advice, but I do it, and it's worth the cost to help you sleep better. Plus, paying for professional advice motivates you to make better courses so you can recoup the costs 😉

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Yes, I've already arranged a meeting with an accountant for that purpose. I just wanted to know more about these Udemy tax forms that we will need to fill in. Thanks for your reply.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AdnanKhawaja In this case, to be able to determine this, I'll recommend you to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

22 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AdnanKhawaja In this case, to be able to determine this, I'll recommend you to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi Eliana,

So do we contact this email instructorsupport@udemy.com to ask regarding what tax forms we need for non-US persons? I have the same problem, but Im from the Netherlands.

kind regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors