No students yet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No students yet

I have created my first course and still no

students as of yet.. the course I have created no one has done before so I would think it would attract students because of curiosity.. how do I effectively promote my course if I am just starting out and have no audience ? I just join the Facebook groups to post my coupon to be honest not even sure how the coupon works 

5 Replies
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SeanMurray29You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/m-p/435 

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

I'm certainly curious! I'm someone who's just finished creating their first course so take from this what you will.

I had a look at your course based on this post and I was definitely intrigued, but I felt like I didn't quite have enough information on the subject at hand to commit money to your course. What is PATWA exactly, or even 'Jamaican Creole?' Is that a name? Your name? A place? I finished watching your intro and was left wondering if I would be learning more about a language or a location? Do's and don'ts of what exactly? The culture? Is this course expecting me to visit somewhere? Where exactly? Why is your course intro saying I should and should not be saying or doing things?

I've got more questions than answers from the question 'why should I buy this course?'

I feel like it'd be suitable to create a (better?) course intro promotional video. I think it's a niche topic, but if you want to bring people to your course you need to find a way of unlocking that door for them. At least clue them in on what they'll be learning...

All that said, good luck!

Hi Kurtis ,

Thank you for your advice Jamaica Creole is a language and the course is basically teaching you how to speak the language I will work on my course some more but thank you for the great advice i appreciate it 

Hi @SeanMurray29 

I see several potential problems you are going to encounter with your course:

• You are asking a lot of money ($35) for such a short course (35 minutes). Very few Udemy students are going to pay you $35 for a 35 minute course. I would lower this to $19.95, the lowest price you can offer.
  • It's been my experience that very short courses don't do well on Udemy. And the refund rate on them is fairly high (my guess based on experience).
  • I did a search on YouTube and found a large number of videos on Jamaica Creole. I'm not sure why someone would pay to purchase a course when they can learn free on YouTube in the same amount of time.
  • How many people do you think are really interested oin learning such a niche  language and are wiling to pay to do so?

Hello.

I have the same feeling as you do because I've created the course in May and only three people are joining the course.

But I saw your course page and realized that there are more than 300 students. How is this happening? I was very curious that I've commented on the bulltin.

I've questioned the same and some people are giving me good advice, so I'll post it if these comments will help.

https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/How-should-I-gain-more-students-for-the-fi...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors