Not sure why it always shows incomplete instructor profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure why it always shows incomplete instructor profile

Go to solution

Hi experienced instructors, I need your help with the below issues within the instructor profile. I have already successfully posted a course, and now I'm preparing the 2nd course, but it still shows me an incompleted instructor profile as below. I'm not even sure about the issues that caused this and how to fix this:

ZoraZhangAccounting_0-1669669119964.png

ZoraZhangAccounting_1-1669669127976.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @ZoraZhangAccounting 

As I see, it says the instructor's biography should be atleast 50 words long. So I guess it is not recognizing the non-English characters you have written. Please include 50 words written in English as well, and the problem will be solved. You can also write to instructorsupport@udemy.com for help.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @ZoraZhangAccounting 

As I see, it says the instructor's biography should be atleast 50 words long. So I guess it is not recognizing the non-English characters you have written. Please include 50 words written in English as well, and the problem will be solved. You can also write to instructorsupport@udemy.com for help.

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

HI, My description is 61 words long and yet I still got this profile info screen again and again. What other solutions are available? Any ideas? Any help is highly appreciated. Phil

Go to solution

Hi, I have same problem. I am trying to fill using only English still get same error.

Not sure. Waiting for some help.

Kind Regards,

Kaly

Go to solution

Hello, Could you solve it? Cheers

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @PhilN.977 I'm sorry to see you are struggling with saving the profile description if you have used the word counter to check how many words you are using and you are in the right path and still having issues, please reach out to our support team, to contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @ZoraZhangAccounting and @KalyaniGuna311, thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're both having issues completing your Instructor Bio. 

@AnupShukla is absolutely right here. While it says that the Instructor Bio requires '50 characters', it requires at least 50 words for it to be saved. It will not allow proceeding without having this properly completed. You can confirm the number of words in your text by using this website: https://wordcounter.net/

If you continue to experience issues, please feel free to reach out to Instructor Support and the team will be happy to assist! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi, the problem still exists, my description is confirmed 61 words long. I would like to undo my instructor profile and just be student again. I can't access my purchase history any longer or any other aspect of my accounts any longer. The page for support doesn't offer any email address or any personal contact, just generic links for FAQ and how to . I'm not willing to read all this. Its very annoying. Regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors