Number of lectures per section

Options

I've actually already got a couple of courses published but have hit a dilema. Can I have just one lecture in a section? The current course I'm working on has a section on background research for what I'm teaching, but this doesn't fit with the content of the other sections (all of which have multiple lessons.

Can I have a section with just one lesson?

Many thanks

Alan

Comments

• Abbie
    Abbie Posts: 3,191 researcher rank
    Options

Hi @DrAlanFayte786
    ! As long as your course meets the minimum requirements -we’re talking about things like HD video, good audio, 5 lectures or more, and at least 30 minutes of video content- you can organize your course curriculum as you best see fit.

• DrAlanFayte786
    Options

Hi Abbie, thanks! That's a relief :)

• Francesco
    Francesco Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Abbie,

I would like to make a painting course, probably a master course, but I am a little bit confused about the length of lectures..Should a lecture be at most of 7 minutes (I think I have read it somewhere on Udemy)?

Because certain topics I would like to teach take definitively more than 7 minutes and it seems difficult to me to split them in different lectures

Thank you,

Francesco

• Abbie
    Abbie Posts: 3,191 researcher rank
    Options

Hi @Francesco
    , we do suggest that lectures are between 2-6 minutes in length, however, this is not mandatory.

In our Course Quality Checklist, we've broken down Udemy's guidelines for the individual components of an ideal Udemy course into two segments: required and recommended. Courses that include the recommended items really stand out and engage students.

Download your Course Quality Checklist here!

• Unknown
    Options

Hi mates, what is the minimum number of the lectures to attract students.. according to your experience of course.

Thanks