Number of students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of students

Go to solution

Hello 

I'm a new instructor working on my first course. I'm new to Udemy, but not to courses, webinars, or presentations. This is my first evergreen course creation.

I'm studying other instructors content and curriculum. I noticed that a lot of instructors have less than 10 courses, but have thousands of students. Then I look at each course and see that the courses only have 10, 15, 100 students. I'm not a mathematics major, but the math is way off. Did these instructors delete courses? Delete their free courses? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Since I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers, I'm assuming it is from looking at the instructor profile. It lists the total number of students, and with each course, next to the star rating, lists the number of ratings/reviews, not students. On the landing page the same is true, number of students and number of reviews. A rule of thumb is where the number of students far exceeds the number of ratings, the course probably had a lot of nonpaying students. Most veterans suggest not giving away free coupons.

Let us know where you found your numbers and someone will have a good answer.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Since I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers, I'm assuming it is from looking at the instructor profile. It lists the total number of students, and with each course, next to the star rating, lists the number of ratings/reviews, not students. On the landing page the same is true, number of students and number of reviews. A rule of thumb is where the number of students far exceeds the number of ratings, the course probably had a lot of nonpaying students. Most veterans suggest not giving away free coupons.

Let us know where you found your numbers and someone will have a good answer.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors