Overwhelmed on choosing a topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwhelmed on choosing a topic

Hi, I am a new instructor and I am finding it overwhelming to choose a course topic. I am skilled in various areas of statistics and data science and find it hard to choose a particular topic to build a course on.

I will also like some advice as a new instructor, on how long should my course be. I just published a course on R Shiny which is two hours long though I feel like it was rushed. Hasn't been approved yet.

1 Reply

Hi @adejumoridwan  Welcome to the community! We are happy to have you here😄 I suggest visiting our Marketplace Insights tool. This is a searchable page on your instructor dashboard that shows you data on student demand, search volume, and revenue for a particular topic.

Our minimum requirement for a course is that it contains at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. This section includes extensive resources on how you can create a Udemy course and get started.

I hope this helps!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!