Payment Method

Options
Hello Instructors from India,
I am Vinod Cumar, a new instructor from India. I am about to upload my course but I am NOT sure about the Payment Method to choose (Paypal/Payoneer).
Can you please help me to choose the best one in terms of conversions and transaction fees? Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,227 Udemy rank
    Options

Hi @VinodCumar
    I found these posts talking about the pros and cons of each payment method, please access the following posts:

Paypal vs. Payoneer / Conversion rates to other currencies

Paypal vs Payoneer

Which method do you recommend?

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

• aakriti-elearn
    Options

@VinodCumar
    I'm also a newbie and did some research on the topic.

I would suggest you to go for Paypal if your income per month is less than $100. I got my payment from Paypal and it was seamless, the only thing was their conversion rate was around Rs 2 less for each dollar as compared to other sites.

For sake of convenience and to focus on other aspects I decided to keep using Paypal, and will check other options later once the income revenue goes past 100-150$/month.

Thanks!

• zealvora
    zealvora Posts: 31 Community Champion rank
    Options

For India, I found Payoneer to be much better than Paypal. Payoneer provides better exchange rates.

• aakriti-elearn
    Options

@zealvora
    , could you please explain how you use Payoneer end-to-end. Do you use any prepaid card, or have given your local bank account details in Payoneer to direct transfer?

Thanks!

• zealvora
    zealvora Posts: 31 Community Champion rank
    Options

Direct Transfer to Bank via Payoneer. There are two advantages of Payoneer that I have found:

1. Better exchange rates (USD to INR).

2. Lesser transaction charge.

However, I'm waiting for a feature were Udemy can directly transfer to our bank account instead of going through either payoneer/paypal. I believe they are testing this feature in US.

• VinodCumar
    Options

Thank you @aakriti-elearn
    for your valuable suggestion. Currently, I have both Paypal and Payneer. But I moved on to select Payoneer as my present payout method. And 2 days later I got reply from @instructorsupport saying...payout method can be changed later.

• VinodCumar
    Options

Thank you @zealvora
    for your valuable suggestion. For now, i prefer to use Payoneer.

• VinodCumar
    Options

Hey @aakriti-elearn
    ,it is easier to create an account on Payoneer than it looks. you just have to use local bank (ex.- SBI) details and your govt. ID. Their account creation process is very fast. Just try.

• aakriti-elearn
    Options

That would be really nice, since a lot of instructors are based outside US

• aakriti-elearn
    Options

Ok, will give it a try

• ArbazMd330
    Options

Hi,

I am a new instructor on Udemy. Can I know which purpose code should I select on payoneer? I am from India.

@VinodCumar
    wrote:

Thank you @zealvora
    for your valuable suggestion. For now, i prefer to use Payoneer.

• SridharJena
    Options

Hi @VinodCumar

what will be your suggestion now on this, will Paypal or Payoneer is good for Indians.