Picking a niche

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking a niche

I am a chef with over 10 years experience.

I have identified a few potential niches on udemy to start producing courses will little competition.

I guess the question I have is, if these niches have little competition but I notice that the top instructor has quite a large following they used to gain traction.

Is it fruitless for me to produce a course?

As long as I have some sort of marketing strategy on my end would this be viable.

Also if I notice one niche gain traction in that can I produce courses for another niche.

For example first course morrocan cooking. Second course Indian. Just as an example.

Tim.

1 Reply

I have competed successfully in a competitive topic without a following and only a limited (<10%) number of students coming from self promotion.

It is possible to compete with the big fish but it's a long game especially in a niche topic. I would still continue at the end of the course building exercise you have content that you can launch on multiple e learning sites (although I do admit udemy is one of the better) but it is a way to grow revenue.

Everyone starts somewhere.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors