Please Help Me

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me

Go to solution

I had asked the same question but i was not able to convince what i want to ask in the last question. So i think to ask it again SO PLEASE HELP

I am having a question in my mind like i had seen instructors had earned 2 Million as their lifetime incone on udemy and some are earning 10,000 every month so my question is these people earn selling course on udemy and get their payment in bank so earning this much money online legal ? and what if bank or government employees ask you where you are earning this income from ?

SO IN THE END MY QUESTION 

IS IT LEGAL TO EARN MONEY ONLINE ON UDEMY ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes, it is perfectly legal. Udemy transfers our monthly earnings to our personal PayPal account on about the 7th of each month. At the end of the year Udemy sends us a tax filing report of our total earnings for the year. Each instructor, in each country where they live, has the legal responsibility to report their earnings to tax authorities. 

Frankly, I am surprised that you would even think that this might be illegal. You know that Udemy is a publicly traded company that files quarterly and annual reports to stockholders and to the Security and Exchange Commission in the U.S. And, it is correct that many instructors earn more than $ each month. But it is also true that many instructors earn little or nothing.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes, it is perfectly legal. Udemy transfers our monthly earnings to our personal PayPal account on about the 7th of each month. At the end of the year Udemy sends us a tax filing report of our total earnings for the year. Each instructor, in each country where they live, has the legal responsibility to report their earnings to tax authorities. 

Frankly, I am surprised that you would even think that this might be illegal. You know that Udemy is a publicly traded company that files quarterly and annual reports to stockholders and to the Security and Exchange Commission in the U.S. And, it is correct that many instructors earn more than $ each month. But it is also true that many instructors earn little or nothing.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hey @LawrenceMMiller sir i am very thankful that you answer my question i am a new instructor on udemy and i have no idea how to make one sale can u please help me in making my career in udemy by giving me some advice it will be very helpful and i will never forget it in my life 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is lots of advice on this site. Search "course creation" and then search "marketing." However, the key to success here is that you MUST have expertise in some subject. What are you expert in? You can't teach if you don't know. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors