Please review my course goals.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please review my course goals.

Hi everyone,  I am working on a Cyber Security course for beginners.  It is not a hands-on technical course, but a course to teach the concepts and allow the students to experience what it is like working in a Cyber Security operation.  Can you please provide feedback?  Are there too many goals?  Are the goals understandable?  Would it scare you away if you were looking for an introductory course  and had little to no experience with the subject?  Here are the goals:

Course Goals :

Cyber Security for Beginners

The student will be able to...

Identify and describe the primary Cyber security roles within a Cyber security organization.

Explain essential Cyber security concepts and terminology.

Identify commonly used Cyber security tools and explain their purposes.

Identify and explain common types of Cyber security incidents.

Explain basic cryptography concepts.

Identify and discuss common types of Cyber security jobs including required job skills and how to obtain them.

thank you,

Cheers!

4 Replies
JasonDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I think the objectives look pretty good. I would make "Cyber" lowercase (it isn't a proper noun), and remove the periods at the end of each line.

The reason it when you publish the course, this is what your "objectives" look like on the landing page...ScreenShot.png

(This is from my Security+ course, for example.)

Jason Dion

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions

Jason,  thanks for the awesome feedback.  I will make the changes you have suggested.

Cheers,

Albert Anders

Those goals, in that order, seem just right.

I don't know anything about this field, but I get the sense I'd have a comprehensive introduction, and then an idea of jobs I might pursue.

This is exactly the kind of course I encourage my clients to take when they are looking into other careers. 

Thank you for the feedback.   It is really helpful.

Regards,

Albert

@DavidBookbinder wrote:

Those goals, in that order, seem just right.

I don't know anything about this field, but I get the sense I'd have a comprehensive introduction, and then an idea of jobs I might pursue.

This is exactly the kind of course I encourage my clients to take when they are looking into other careers. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors