PowerPoint for everything?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerPoint for everything?

Hi there, 

I am nervously but excitedly beginning to create my first online course. I’m looking for some advice on how to use slides and video at the same time. 
I would like pre record my course and upload in sections. Ideally I would like to display a ppt and insert a small video box of me talking over most of my  PowerPoint slides. This would enable me to talk through slides. If I pre record all of this (as live) can I then upload the PowerPoint with the video including on the slides? 
Or 

Is there a way I can insert a video box to the slides during the video editing process? 

Hope what I am asking makes sense.
Thank you, Karen 

1 Reply

Hi @KarenKingho032 

You will not be able to upload the ppt and video separately and expect to see both playing together. 

I had some similar requirements and the only way was to record the video, convert ppt into video (this one is easy, if you are using new MS Office, just go to File > Export > Create a Video) and then use a video editor to combine both.

Hope this helps.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors