Practice Test Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice Test Issues

Hi all,

Hope you're keeping well.

I wanted to reach as I have been having massive issues creating my first practice test and was wondering if anyone can help.

For some reason, I created my questions (almost 100) and when attempting to publish changes I got an error stating changes can't be pushed to a course which isn't published. I then contacted the Udemy support team and although they tried hepling out, I am still experiencing issues and their last attempt deleted half of my questions. No idea how or why.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone experienced this issue before?

2) Have you experienced an issue where you have i.e. 100 questions but when attempting to preview, you only see a subset, like 40?

3) Is there no regular backup taken by Udemy on course content? So what happens if a server crashes? Do i have to re-create all of my content? 

Because i have just been asked to re-create half of my questions and that's just not acceptable.

Best,

Nick

2 Replies

Hi @NickMitropoulos are you still experiencing this issue? If so the best thing you can do here is email the team so they can help you out again. If someone else had this issue in the past and found a fix, please do share!

Hi Maria,

Just for awareness to everyone, I initially emailed the support team and they said Udemy doesn't have any content backups which respectfully makes no sense to me.

The result was that the support team changed something in the back end that deleted a lot of my content without getting any notification prior to that. This makes no sense to me and the fact that my content was removed makes me wonder what would happen if my course was already published online?

How would I be able to justify to anyone purchacing the course, that a big part is now missing as a result of a change the support team did?

In addition, it's quite concerning that I got no notification beforehand and this should raise a red flag to all the instructors regarding how their content is being managed by the plaform. 

To be honest, this is just disappointing.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors