Practice Test Questions - Publishing a Course with Just Test Prep Questions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice Test Questions - Publishing a Course with Just Test Prep Questions?

Go to solution

Hi all,

Over the years I've developed a bank of test questions for a specific certification exam. I noticed today when creating a new course I had the option to create a "Practice Test" course that appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. I selected this course type and got to the section to populate practice test and I'm a little stuck on what to do next? It looks like I have the option to "Bulk Upload" files but I'm not sure if this is the only option I have. I can create PDF files of the questions and publish the files but I was wondering about using Udemy's quizzing module to better simulate the exam opposed to just having students download test files. Anyone have experience publishing practice tests? 

Thanks.

Travis 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will have to convert your data to a csv format first (there’s a template on the upload page). Top of my head, it is basically a column for the question, 5 (or maybe 6) columns for possible answers, then a column for correct answer, one for explanations. It will then upload your data and create all the questions, which you can edit later. 

I use that functionality a lot with my courses, you can do 2 practice tests per normal courses and 6 practice tests for practice courses (I think it has another name). All my test prep courses have 2 practice tests at the very end, the upload is super quick if formatted correctly. Note that you can’t upload images with the auto-uploader, you’ll have to do that manually afterwards. 

Best of luck, 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You will have to convert your data to a csv format first (there’s a template on the upload page). Top of my head, it is basically a column for the question, 5 (or maybe 6) columns for possible answers, then a column for correct answer, one for explanations. It will then upload your data and create all the questions, which you can edit later. 

I use that functionality a lot with my courses, you can do 2 practice tests per normal courses and 6 practice tests for practice courses (I think it has another name). All my test prep courses have 2 practice tests at the very end, the upload is super quick if formatted correctly. Note that you can’t upload images with the auto-uploader, you’ll have to do that manually afterwards. 

Best of luck, 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!