Presentation software beyond PowerPoint or is it all in Camtasia?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation software beyond PowerPoint or is it all in Camtasia?

Go to solution

Good afternoon,

I plan to develop my first video around cloud automation.  In looking around at other Udemy videos, it seems that instructors are using something more than Microsoft PowerPoint.  Although very good product, it seems that I am seen smooth animations and high-quality content in the demonstrations of the course lectures. Mumshad Mannambeth of KodeKloud has some nice illustrations that appear to beyond PowerPoint.  I have and plan to use Camtasia for my course development, but does Camtasia have additional libraries of content for more advanced presentation efforts?  Or could anyone suggest your favorite content development software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I don't use many animations and on-screen annotations, but I do use Camtasia and it is a powerful tool for adding visual cues and real-time highlights to bring emphasis to parts of your screen. 

It has a very powerful editor, but it isn't an animation or 'movie production' tool. 

Since you already have it, do a test video lesson and then explore all that possible with editing and layering other content unto the video. 

Other cool presentation tools and alternatives to PowerPoint include Prezi, Canva and Sway. Maybe you can see which one gives you the most upfront in order to reduce your post-recording editing efforts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

I don't use many animations and on-screen annotations, but I do use Camtasia and it is a powerful tool for adding visual cues and real-time highlights to bring emphasis to parts of your screen. 

It has a very powerful editor, but it isn't an animation or 'movie production' tool. 

Since you already have it, do a test video lesson and then explore all that possible with editing and layering other content unto the video. 

Other cool presentation tools and alternatives to PowerPoint include Prezi, Canva and Sway. Maybe you can see which one gives you the most upfront in order to reduce your post-recording editing efforts.

Go to solution

@TrevoirWill Thank you so much for that insight.  I will dig in and explore Camtasia and see what I find.  Also, great suggestion on the PP alternatives.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors