Pricing a Udemy Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing a Udemy Course

I am about to publish a course which will be about 30-hours in length. I was planning on pricing it at $199.99. 

When I see courses deeply discounted, like a $199.99 course selling for $11.95, do I create the discount or does Udemy do promotionals automatically? Or do I need to opt into some promotional choice when I publish?

Thanks in advance for the answers. 

8 Replies

Hi @CharlesEBrown, instructors are given the option of enrolling in Udemy’s promotions and marketing program when they apply to become a premium instructor. You are not obligated to enroll if you don't want to.

If you don't opt in to the program, your courses won't be sold at a discount. The course can only be sold at the price you have listed, or via a coupon code, you yourself create. If you would like to learn more about the promotions program, please head here.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie , many thanks.

Where do I apply to become a premium instructor? Is it when I publish my course?

Once again, many thanks for the help. 

@CharlesEBrown, at the time of pricing your course, you'll be prompted to apply. It's free and usually takes 2 business days to get approved. To learn how to apply, check out this detailed guide here.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie ..Thank you

I just looked at the pricing and I saw tiers 1 - 37, but no place to apply for premium. Do I have to wait till my course is actually published? Or can I do it now?

Thank you for all of your help. 

Hi @CharlesEBrown, in the price & coupons tab, you need to click on here (see below) to complete your premium instructor application.

premim.png

If this is not what you're seeing feel free to reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will gladly investigate further.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie Thanks. I think I see the problem.

I published another course about a year ago under Tim Buchalka's umbrella. I think I was signed then as a premium instructor. 

If I am a premium instructor for one course am I automatically a premium instructor for all my courses?

This is going to be my first solo course. 

Thanks. 

@CharlesEBrown, you've got it right! This process only needs to be completed once per account. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie ...Many thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it. 

Thank you

Charles

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!