Product logo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product logo

Go to solution

Hi, all! As a new year resolution, I decided to publish my first Udemy Course. Here goes the first question.

I'll create a course about a software. I think it would be nice to have the software logo on the course thumbnail (the one that shows up when you search the course).  Let me give you an example. There are lots of Excel courses on Udemy, and lots of them have the Microsoft Excel logo on the thumbnail. 

Is it ok to use a software logo on your course thumbnail? Do I have to do any disclaimer?

Thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi,

You actually need to look into the conditions of the software maker. Some of them might state that any reproduction is forbidden while others might not care that much.

If it is also a trademark, take a look at the trademark rules. I think you need to have the symbol plus a reference to the ownership.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi,

You actually need to look into the conditions of the software maker. Some of them might state that any reproduction is forbidden while others might not care that much.

If it is also a trademark, take a look at the trademark rules. I think you need to have the symbol plus a reference to the ownership.

Cheers

Go to solution

Thanks, @AlexandreAlves !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors