Psychology

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psychology

Go to solution

Hey 

I want to create a course about psychology. Kindly guide me what should be added in the course introduction ( except  definitions, scope and daily life use and types) as they are already on the list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I teach psychology; it really depends on what you are teaching and to whom.

A basic intro guideline

* Introduce who you are briefly

*What the course title is?

*What will students learn?

*Who is this course for? (beginners? Professionals? those working with teenagers?)

Example: "Hi, I am Alicia Paz. I am a Therapist with a Masters's Degree in Counseling Psychology.  I have been teaching online for the last 8 years.  In this course (course title), students will learn how to XYZ, the terminology regarding ABC, how to utilize XYZ in working with adults with depression. This course is 6 hours long, has 55 videos, and is focused on learning (course topic.) I am available to answer questions and help guide you through (course topic) as you learn. I hope you get the most out of this course, and I look forward to seeing you in class."

This article is more for the description but a good guide for an intro video or landing page video.  Also, keep it brief 3-5 minutes I find best with no fluff and lots of details and "next steps" on what students will learn, be able to do, etc., upon completion. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232407-Course-Description-Quality-Standards

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I teach psychology; it really depends on what you are teaching and to whom.

A basic intro guideline

* Introduce who you are briefly

*What the course title is?

*What will students learn?

*Who is this course for? (beginners? Professionals? those working with teenagers?)

Example: "Hi, I am Alicia Paz. I am a Therapist with a Masters's Degree in Counseling Psychology.  I have been teaching online for the last 8 years.  In this course (course title), students will learn how to XYZ, the terminology regarding ABC, how to utilize XYZ in working with adults with depression. This course is 6 hours long, has 55 videos, and is focused on learning (course topic.) I am available to answer questions and help guide you through (course topic) as you learn. I hope you get the most out of this course, and I look forward to seeing you in class."

This article is more for the description but a good guide for an intro video or landing page video.  Also, keep it brief 3-5 minutes I find best with no fluff and lots of details and "next steps" on what students will learn, be able to do, etc., upon completion. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232407-Course-Description-Quality-Standards

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors