Published my first udemy course...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Published my first udemy course...

Go to solution

I just launched my first udemy course on game development after working for more then two months, can anyone look through landing page and provide any suggestions that could help to have a great first impression.

Also I'm just unaware of marketing the course nor I've any audience before, any suggestions or resources would be very helpful.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@Yashgohel063 - Hello and welcome to Udemy.

I took a look at your course and your promotional video. I have the following comments:

#1: You picked a VERY crowded topic area to create a course. I did a search on Unity C# in the Udemy search area and got 10,000 results back. This means that somehow your course has to compete against a huge number of existing courses just to get noticed. The fact is that Udemy probably will not market your course to any great extent because of all the other top selling and highly rated courses that exist. These are courses Udemy will spend money marketing. Therefore, you are going to have to figure out how to draw students to your course and not rely on Udemy. At least until your course starts to gain some traction.

#2: I listened to your promotional video and you were extremely difficult to understand. To be completely honest, if I were looking for a Unity C# course and I listened to your promotional video, I would look elsewhere. I wouldn't spend money on a course where I would have to work so hard to understand the instructor. 

#3: I think your course, being brand new, is priced too high. I would price it at $19.95 and hope to get at least a few sales to get started. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Yashgohel063 Congratulations on publishing your course.  You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

Go to solution

@Yashgohel063 - Hello and welcome to Udemy.

I took a look at your course and your promotional video. I have the following comments:

#1: You picked a VERY crowded topic area to create a course. I did a search on Unity C# in the Udemy search area and got 10,000 results back. This means that somehow your course has to compete against a huge number of existing courses just to get noticed. The fact is that Udemy probably will not market your course to any great extent because of all the other top selling and highly rated courses that exist. These are courses Udemy will spend money marketing. Therefore, you are going to have to figure out how to draw students to your course and not rely on Udemy. At least until your course starts to gain some traction.

#2: I listened to your promotional video and you were extremely difficult to understand. To be completely honest, if I were looking for a Unity C# course and I listened to your promotional video, I would look elsewhere. I wouldn't spend money on a course where I would have to work so hard to understand the instructor. 

#3: I think your course, being brand new, is priced too high. I would price it at $19.95 and hope to get at least a few sales to get started. 

Go to solution

@RandyMinder Thank you for your feedback, I've been trying for almost a  week now to work out on the solutions you provided,

#1 - I'm constantly trying to share the course to the people who can actually buy it, in my friend circle, fb, Quora and other social media platforms, also I'm planning to run an ad campaign myself( after analysing  its pros and cons ).

#2 I've tried to improve voice quality on my promo video, can you please have a look once again and provide a feedback on weather I should create a new promo video.

#3 I analyzed the price of the other new courses from new instructors and also some of the people using udemy courses, after their feedbacks and the one which you mentioned seemed to be directing toward the same path, so I decided to reduce the course price to 19.99(tier 1) category.

Thank You!  

Go to solution

Thanks a lot for taking time to review my course landing page thoroughly and providing with valuable information that is working against my course.

I would surely gonna work on it and figure it out to make the promo video better, also I would rethink on the pricing of the course.

Again, Thanks a lot!! 

Go to solution

Hi @Yashgohel063 

I listened to your promo video again. I don't know what changes you made but you were still extremely difficult to understand. Part of the problem was the background music. In my opinion, that adds no value whatsoever and it was too loud (in my opinion). 

By the way, you mentioned you were going to run ad campaigns. Because you are going to earn so little for each sale of your course ($4 on average), it is almost never cost effective to pay to advertise your courses. At least this is true for the average instructor. 

Go to solution

@RandyMinder @I had changed the audio quality for the video but now I don't think it's up to mark, will record again the same

I was looking it as a option for running ad campaign, but I'll make sure I look through every aspect of it then only decide to invest into it. Your response on this would be helpful. 

Thank you 😇 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors